My Patterns

Friday, February 13, 2015

LOL does NOT Mean Lots of Love!

Recently my son related a story to me of a woman who's uncle passed away.  She posted on her facebook page the tragic news by writing "Dear Uncle ______ has passed away LOL."  When her teenage children saw the post, they said, "Mom LOL means 'Lots of Laughs!!!'"  The mortified woman said "Oh my gosh, I thought LOL meant 'Lots of Love'!  She promptly corrected the post!

Ha...I can so relate to this story.  When I first began texting almost a decade ago, I thought LOL meant "Lots of Love" too!  By the time my kids informed me that it meant "Lots of Laughs"... no telling how may times I had used it inappropriately....LOL

Being that it is Valentines, I wanted to share with you this pretty little heart pillow I crocheted...
I made it for my Aunt who is battling breast cancer.  She has been through much chemo and radiation and just recently found out that she developed heart disease as a side affect of the chemo.  
I wanted to make her something a little cheerful. 

This little pillow is easily a one or two day project.  The pattern comes from the book 100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet by Leonie Morgan which has loads of cute and colorful granny squares to crochet.

The back I made in single crochet stripes and I used a simple single crochet to sew the front and back together .  The pillow measures 12 inches.  The yarn is Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn Solids"

"For god so LOVED the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." --John 3:16
Happy Valentines Day Friends!  Have a LOVEly Day!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day. What a lovely cushion, the colours are so delicious. Very jolly indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and the hearts are super cute x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't mean Lots of Laughs either.

    It means Laugh Out Loud :)

    ReplyDelete